LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday 1 August 2014

Introduction

This is my attempt at creating a lifeline for myself and letting me lose the weight I so desperately want and need to lose!

I have joined Slimming World half heartedly on several occasions - I've tried juicing, shakes, fasting, atkins, very low carb, cambridge - you name it I have probably tried it!

Out of them all the only success I've had was 3 years ago when I was turning 40 and I was determined to change my life for the better - so I signed up for The Moonwalk (26 miles walking marathon which starts at midnight and you walk all through the night - which makes it very hard) and at the same time I joined Slimming World.  From the January to the June when the walk took place I lost 2.5 stones and felt fantastic.  I still had more to go but I felt great and really fit with all the walking.  So a combination of following an eating plan and walking definitely did the trick and doing them both was certainly the key to my success.  I'm not going to call it a diet as it certainly never felt like a diet as I was able to enjoy all my favourite foods - potatoes, rice and pasta - all the things you aren't allowed or allowed only little amounts of on other diets. That used to throw me that I could eat all the heavy carbs and still lose weight yet other diets it was a big no no.

My husband is a very active man and swears that healthy eating and exercise is the only way - it might take longer than all the fad diets and it might be a struggle at first, but the more you do the lighter you get the fitter you get, the fitter you get the faster you get, the faster you get the more you burn - so it's just a cycle that gets easier.

Sadly after I did my Moonwalk - the walking stopped - and so did the diet and by the end of the year my weight had creeped up yet again.  So I signed up to do the Moonwalk again and did so for the next 2 years but the walking alone just didn't do it - I barely lost any weight.  I was a lot fitter which was good, but I certainly wasn't losing.

So here I am again - and I am determined.  We all know what we need to do to lose weight but unless you are in the right frame of mind, it just doesn't work.  There is a switch inside all of us when we just get to that point where enough is enough and it just makes you WANT to do it.  I NEED to do it - I worry for my health.  I hate how I look and feel.  I am bloated constantly and my belly just juts out bigger than my boobs!  I am only 5ft 2 which makes me look even worse.  I really need to do this for myself - so this is it!!

I'm not going to tell you what my starting weight is as that's all too shameful but I have given myself a goal of losing 4.5 stones - a lot of weight to lose but I have a weight in mind that I want to get down to.

I joined Slimming World 3 weeks ago on the 9th July 2014 and after the first week I lost 4lbs (yay) - then was away on holiday and had a lot of family coming to stay....and you know how it is....I ended up putting on 2.5 lbs back on!!  So enough is enough, my husband has gone away offshore and the visitors are over - so here it goes!!

I will try and post my progress each week!  Wish me luck!! :)

2 comments:

  1. This blog is a great idea Sharon. I'm afraid it has taken me quite a long time to realise what your hubby says is true - healthy diet and exercise is the way to do it. I didn't want to go to a gym or be tied to a fitness class at a certain time so joined Jog Scotland. I couldn't run more than 30 seconds at first - my knees were in bits because of the weight I was carrying. But strangely I enjoyed it - I can go out when it suits me (running in the rain is actually OK) and now I feel like I have to go out most days. I have just reset my target to 4 stones - but I do wish I had kept something from my "fat" wardrobe so I can see the difference - because I still don't see it in the mirror. We need to keep each other on the straight and narrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thanks Jo - I just felt I needed to do something to keep me focused. I'm not a very active person and have a very sedentary job all day, so it's quite hard to push myself to get out there but I'm going to try. I have a cross trainer machine that I bought at Christmas time and can probably count on one hand the amount of times I've actually been on it. I'm going to dust it off and try and start the morning with a wee 15-20 minute session. I used to go to zumba - loved it - stopped it. Used to love the walking - loved it - stopped it - scunnered with it after doing all the Moonwalks - but there is no way I can do it just diet alone. I am determined to just chip away at it!

    ReplyDelete