LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday 17 August 2014

Big Mac in a Bowl

OK now apologies for this looking like a dog's dinner but I tried to titivate it the best I could!!  This is Slimming World's Big Mac in a bowl - the recipe is all over the internet and Youtube.  I'm not a big big fan of McDonalds but everyone who had posted this recipe said it was better than the real thing so I thought I would give it a go!

The verdict - it was ok and it was nice enough.  Wouldn't call it a firm favourite but would have it again if I was ever in the mood of a burger type dish.  I must admit that I didn't eat it all although I wasn't all that hungry when I made it.  I felt it needed something to accompany it, maybe something like slimming world syn free chips - however if you are a Big Mac fan then you will probably love this!  

It was really easy to make - the ingredients are:

shredded lettuce
1 finely chopped onion
crushed garlic
250g extra lean beef mince (or less than 5% fat mince)
1 tablespoon of Kraft reduced calorie Thousand Island Dressing (1/2 syn)
mini pickled gherkins (you either love them or hate them - personally I love them, I think it makes it the whole Big Mac taste)
3 light cheese slices (this is a Healthy Extra A - otherwise you would have to syn them)


Spray a frying pan with frylight and brown your beef and drain away any excess water.
Fry the onions and garlic for a couple of minutes until they soften and then add the mince.
Cook for 5-10 minutes and season with salt/pepper.

Layer a plate with shredded lettuce, add the mince, thinly slice a couple of gherkins and add them, drizzle a tablespoon of the Thousand Island dressing (or as much as you want but just remember to syn it), and then chop up the cheese and layer on top.  Voila!

You are allowed 3 cheese slices as your Healthy Extra A but I only used 2 and actually probably could have only used 1)

No comments:

Post a Comment