Love this. I make a batch of it and then divide it up and freeze for using during the week.
This is a Slimming World recipe but I altered mine slightly - I added a carton of chopped tomatoes instead of actually chopping up tomatoes, added a tablespoon of tomato puree and instead of kidney beans I added a can of Asda Chilli beans (syn free) which gives it a bit more of a kick - oh and I didn't bother to add the peppers.
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 fresh chillies, deseeded and chopped
- 500g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
- 2 tsps ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp paprika
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 green pepper and 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 4 ripe plum tomatoes, chopped
- 300ml beef stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 400g tin of red kidney beans
Spray a pan with frylight and fry the onion and garlic for a few minutes until soft.
Add mince and cook until browned.
Add chillies and spices and fry for a few minutes
Add peppers, tomatoes and stock, stirring well and bring to the boil.
Simmer for 15-20 minutes then add the kidney beans and cook for 5 mins.
Serve with rice.