LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday 27 September 2014

Salsa

I'm not sure if it's a good thing when I make this as it just makes me want to grab the crisps to eat with it - but my hubby loves it :)

I just make enough for one ramekin type dish as I'm not sure how long a big quantity would keep for - but this is just enough for crisps and dip for me and hubby when we settle down to watch something on a Saturday night :)

2 tomatoes
1/2 red onion
Jalapeno pepper - I buy the jar of pre-chopped jalapenos and I only use 2 pieces and that is hot enough for us - but if you like em spicy - add more.
Salt to taste
Lime juice to taste
Cumin to taste
Tiny amount of sweetener

Blitz the tomatoes, onions and jalapenos in a food processor, then empty into a bowl.  It does go a bit frothy which I don't mind, but if you don't like your salsa like that just remove the insides from your tomato before you add it to the food processor.  Add some salt, sweetener, lime juice and cumin to taste - I find that I don't need much of it at all - so use sparingly and taste as you go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment