LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday 23 March 2019

I'm Back!

Hello again - long time no see!

After several years of being away from slimming world I am back!  I never did reach my goal that I desperately longed for.  My goal back then was to lose about 4-5 stones.  I managed to lose 2 1/2 stones - and then it all just seemed to fall apart.  Creeping ever so slowly back on again until I was right back to where I started.  I've tried umpteen ways to try and lose weight ever since..quick fixes...losing a couple of pounds here and there but never sustaining anything long enough to make a difference - and then in true form whatever I lost went right back on again.

So back with my dieting partner in crime Karen - I rejoined slimming world over a week ago (kind of half heartedly if I'm honest) and in my first week I lost 4lbs!  I am amazed.  In my head I always think I'm kind of eating in a slimming world fashion anyway - but obviously not when I stick to it and lose 4lb!  Although to be fair my main meals are not to be bad.  My downfall is bread and junk food at night.  During the day I am fine as I have a busy full-time job, night time was where it all fell apart.  But made some good changes this last week and it obviously paid off.  I was delighted to find out that you are allowed 3 slices of 400g wholemeal loaf - this has really made my day being the bread lover that I am.  It seems to satisfy me much more that the measly 2 slices of paper thin weight watchers bread.  Rediscovering slimming world homemade chips has also been my saviour this week.  Crisps have always been my downfall, Walkers being my favourite - but being 6 syns a go, I've switched to hula pufts which are just 3 syns a bag.  Also with the crisps, I could easy have had more that one bag, and then something else after it...and then something else after that.  I've just been forcing myself to say no after I've had them - and it's obviously helped.

I'm going to try and update some of my recipes on here as I go along, as they are a bit out of date now and some of the syn values may have possibly changed now.

Anyhow it's good to be back.  4lbs is a great start,  spring is here and hoping to be out and about more - so feeling very positive at the moment, which sometimes is half the battle.

See you soon X

1 comment: